It turns out, after building 14 different commits between v5.8 and v5.9, that a three line change in drivers/pci/controller/pci-xgene.c breaks PCI on this machine. If I revert this file and build the commit that changed it, PCI works properly. No config options changed between these commits. I suppose now it's just a matter of figuring out why this change breaks it, and how it can be fixed and applied to 5.9+. On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 4:03 AM Valdis Klētnieks wrote: > On Mon, 08 Feb 2021 09:00:27 -0500, Evan T Mesterhazy said: > > > Thanks, Greg - good suggestion regarding `git bisect`. I was able to > narrow > > it down to a change between 5.8 and 5.9, so maybe that's the next logical > > thing to do. None of the config options added between those releases > seemed > > relevant to the issue, but perhaps one of them is and I just don't > realize > > it. > > You're probably looking for a config option that was *removed* between > those releases. > -- Evan Mesterhazy etm2131@columbia.edu