From: Probir Roy <proy.cse@gmail.com>
To: kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: perf open with "PERF_SAMPLE_REGS_USER" failing
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 21:14:39 -0500

Hi,

I am running following code where I am configuring an intel PEBS
device with "PERF_SAMPLE_REGS_USER" on a sky lake machine (function
initPEBS). Upon "perf_event_open" it returns with "Invalid
argument"(22) error. I can configure without "PERF_SAMPLE_REGS_USER"
and get sample events.

I am on kernel version: 5.2.2 . Any idea what could be the issue?

https://gist.github.com/proywm/36561da2a99f4ada8eafe8bdbdf3bbb7

--
Probir Roy