* perf open with "PERF_SAMPLE_REGS_USER" failing
@ 2019-08-07  2:14 Probir Roy
From: Probir Roy @ 2019-08-07  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

I am running following code where I am configuring an intel PEBS
device with "PERF_SAMPLE_REGS_USER" on a sky lake machine (function
initPEBS). Upon "perf_event_open" it returns with "Invalid
argument"(22) error. I can configure without "PERF_SAMPLE_REGS_USER"
and get sample events.

I am on kernel version: 5.2.2 . Any idea what could be the issue?

https://gist.github.com/proywm/36561da2a99f4ada8eafe8bdbdf3bbb7

--
Probir Roy

only message in thread, back to index