From: Manoj Tiwary <manojtiwary22@gmail.com>
To: kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: UVC ioctl call is failing
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 17:07:59 +0530

Hi All,

I have iCatch camera connected to my ubuntu 16.04 desktop, I'm trying to
use GET_CUR and SET_CUR commands to control the camera Extension Unit.

I have a common api for both get and set which first queries the camera
with get_len and then send get or set command.

But When I call a set or get command repeatedly without any delay, the
ioctl is failing due to timeout, If I set UVC_CTRL_CONTROL_TIMEOUT to 0
(infinite) or more or delay between (min 2 sec ) get and set commands It
will complete successfully.

But same thing is working when I tried in windows.

Is delay required between repeated ioctl calls? If so, why?

Thank you,
manoj