I believe I just found the answer for point number 2: THE REST M: Linus Torvalds L: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org Q: http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/ T: git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git S: Buried alive in reporters F: * F: */ On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 10:33 AM Paulo Almeida < paulo.miguel.almeida.rodenas@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I was reading the KernelJanitor/Todo webpage and found the printk-related > task that had to be done. > > I eventually came across this piece of code that led me to 2 questions > that I couldn't answer myself > https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blame/master/init/do_mounts.c#L434-L455 > > 1 - This specific code block has been around for quite some time and many > additions using the correct printk(KERN_* were made after it was written. > Does that mean that this code block is an exception and should be left > as-is for some technical reason? Or, people have somehow forgotten about it > and I finally found something to do? :) > > 2 - I took a look at the https://www.kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS list > and their respective folders/repos and couldn't find out who would be the > person who I should eventually send the patches to. Is there any > "fallthrough" maintainer when there isn't one specified? (Please put me > straight if I'm not seeing things from the right angle) > > Best regards, > > Paulo Almeida > >