From: Martin Galvan <omgalvan.86@gmail.com>
To: kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: Setting CPU affinity for current process on kernel module?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:52:06 -0300

Hi,

I have a kernel module which needs to perform CPU core-specific
operations. I know that there's a kernel mode version of
sched_setaffinity, however it's not exported to modules and can only
be accessed through e.g. kallsyms_lookup_name, which is ugly. The
alternative is to spawn a new kthread and bind it to the desired CPU
before starting it, but I was wondering if there's a more
straightforward method of doing this. Thanks!