kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* __STDC_VERSION__ : What C dialect c89, c99,gnu90 kernel compiies
@ 2020-05-20  7:30 Lev R. Oshvang .
From: Lev R. Oshvang . @ 2020-05-20  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi All,

I am building out of tree kernel module.

I am trying to include user-space lib into kernel module

This  API gives me the following warning :

"__STDC_VERSION__" is not defined, evaluates to 0

But continues and resulted module works,

I see from https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Standard-Predefined-Macros.html
that _STDC_VERSION__ is a built-in gcc macro, so I think that evenh
kernel compilation should be able to see it.

Please comment
Lev.