kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Help filing bugs from crash reports and repro files.
@ 2021-03-17  4:36 Machiry Aravind Kumar
From: Machiry Aravind Kumar @ 2021-03-17  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello all,

We have modified the syzkaller a bit to be more effective at finding
kernel bugs.
Attached are the crashes along with a reproducer .c file.

Any help in figuring out the underlying bug and submitting a patch is
greatly appreciated!

-Best,
Aravind

[-- Attachment #2: kerneline_bugs.tar.xz --]
[-- Type: application/x-xz, Size: 6119688 bytes --]

* Re: Help filing bugs from crash reports and repro files.
@ 2021-03-21 20:53 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-03-21 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Machiry Aravind Kumar; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 12:36:58AM -0400, Machiry Aravind Kumar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We have modified the syzkaller a bit to be more effective at finding
> kernel bugs.
> Attached are the crashes along with a reproducer .c file.
>
> Any help in figuring out the underlying bug and submitting a patch is
> greatly appreciated!

Please submit the crash report to the subsystem where the crash is,
compressed files do not work for responding in emails.

good luck!

greg k-h

* Re: Help filing bugs from crash reports and repro files.
@ 2021-03-21 20:56   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-03-21 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Machiry Aravind Kumar; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 09:53:19PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 12:36:58AM -0400, Machiry Aravind Kumar wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > We have modified the syzkaller a bit to be more effective at finding
> > kernel bugs.
> > Attached are the crashes along with a reproducer .c file.
> >
> > Any help in figuring out the underlying bug and submitting a patch is
> > greatly appreciated!
>
> Please submit the crash report to the subsystem where the crash is,
> compressed files do not work for responding in emails.

Also, please submit your syzkaller changes upstream to the developers so
that the automated runs can find more issues automatically.  No need to
do this manually, right?

thanks,

greg k-h