kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* MODULE_SUPPORTED_DEVICE macro existed in the Kernel 5.9.16, but got removed
@ 2021-08-30  6:59 Adverg Ebashinskii
From: Adverg Ebashinskii @ 2021-08-30  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I recently tried to compile my driver developed for the Kernel 5.9.16 using the latest upstream version checked out from git and figured out that there is no more MODULE_SUPPORTED_DEVICE macro.

Could you please give a hint where to look at for the information on why it was removed?

Adverg Ebashinskii

* Re: MODULE_SUPPORTED_DEVICE macro existed in the Kernel 5.9.16, but got removed
@ 2021-09-01  5:52 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-09-01  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adverg Ebashinskii; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 09:59:14AM +0300, Adverg Ebashinskii wrote:

> I recently tried to compile my driver developed for the Kernel 5.9.16 using the latest upstream version checked out from git and figured out that there is no more MODULE_SUPPORTED_DEVICE macro.
>
> Could you please give a hint where to look at for the information on why it was removed?

Find the commit in the git tree that removed it and look at the
changelog text for why it was removed.  I think the text there will
explain it quite well.

thanks,

greg k-h