Hi, In the following example from net/dccp/proto.c the pointer given put_user() is casted to (int __user *) although the value to copy is a unsigned long. Is this (correctness and security wise) sane? Because as I understand it put_user() determines the amount it copies from the pointer type. ``` unsigned long amount = 0; skb = skb_peek(&sk->sk_receive_queue); if (skb != NULL) { amount = skb->len; } rc = put_user(amount, (int __user *)arg); ``` Also skb->len is an unsigned int realisticly in most cases < 9000 (and in all cases I can imagine < int_max (with 16 bit)). I would like to declare amount as int outside of the switch case statement (because I need it in another case statement as signed int) would it be safe to do so? Thanks, -- Richard