Ksummit-Discuss Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [Ksummit-discuss] TAB Nomination for Christian Brauner
@ 2019-09-07 22:57 Christian Brauner
From: Christian Brauner @ 2019-09-07 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech-board-discuss, ksummit-discuss

Hey, I'm Christian. I've been involved in the container and namespace
area of the kernel which spans across multiple subsystems for some time.
I maintain the Android binderfs filesystem and the new pidfd api while
being active in various other areas of the kernel. I also I maintain
several large userspace projects and co-organized a few conferences over
the years including this year's All Systems Go in Berlin and the
container's microconference at the Linux Plumbers conference the last
couple of years.
I constantly try to lower the barrier for getting into kernel development,
supervising Linux-focussed bachelor theses and functioning as a mentor.

Even though it's slightly scary, stepping up for TAB nomination to help
maintain, defend, and grow Linux and especially the community around it
is a great way of giving back to a project that has proved invaluable
not just to me personally but to a great deal of people and companies.
The last couple of years I've worked together with various companies
across the industry focusing on container related technologies and
security. Serving on the TAB I intend to use this experience. I also
want to grow the community by helping with projects and programs such as
CommunityBridge that try to bring in new developers and ideas which is
vital to every open source project.
I also hope that stepping up for TAB nomination will encourage more
people to do so in the future and I thank everyone who encouraged me to
do so. :)

Christian

only message in thread, back to index