Ksummit-Discuss Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
To: ksummit-discuss@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: [Ksummit-discuss] Video of Dmitry's Kernel Summit talk (Was: Reflections on kernel development processes)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 06:56:32 -0400

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:08:04AM -0400, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Many of you attended Dmitry Vyukov's talk at the Kernel Summit track
> today, "Reflections on Kernel Development Process, Quality, and
> Testing".  (For those of you who haven't, the slides are available
> here[1].)
>
> [1] https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/contributions/554/attachments/353/584/Reflections__Kernel_Summit_2019.pdf
>
> Greg K-H has suggested, and I strongly agree, that it would be
> worthwhile to add this to the agenda of the Maintainer's Summit.  In
> particular, what next steps should we take and what should be the
> criteria and the process for trying to further standardize our tools
> and processes in order to make make our development processes more
> mature and to improve developer productivity and happiness.

The raw video is (temporarily) available at:

	https://youtu.be/a2Nv-KJyqPk?t=5239

This will disappear when we can get something which is properly
cropped and edited --- this is basically the "hot wash" video which
was made available this morning, and after I failed my saving throw
against Linux video editing tools' user interfaces, I just uploaded it
straight to YouTube.

						- Ted