Ksummit-Discuss Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [Ksummit-discuss] Self-nomination for the 2020 TAB election
@ 2020-08-19 17:15 Olof Johansson
From: Olof Johansson @ 2020-08-19 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit, tech-board-discuss

Hi,

I would like to stand for re-election for the Technical Advisory Board
this year. I have appreciated the opportunity to represent the kernel
community through the TAB over the last 4 years, and would like to
continue doing so.

Over the years, I've been involved in various areas of the kernel,
from PowerPC architecture and platform work, to SoC maintainer roles
(mostly focused on ARM-based ones), with the last one still being my
main contribution to the community these days. I'm also involved in a
few other embedded projects such as Zephyr, but probably with a bit
less visibility.

I enjoy engaging with vendors, in particular when we can find ways to
get them involved in the community as developers and maintainers. Some
of my proudest moments as a maintainer have been when we've been able
to bring in some of these companies into our community instead of
having them work in isolation.

I find it valuable to make sure we have representation of
embedded-focused viewpoints on the TAB, and making sure we have
continue to have strong connections to those communities.

-Olof

only message in thread, back to index