On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 05:11:43AM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote: > When accepting patches from people, my old scripts used to do this > properly and reply to the sent message-id. Now that I use git, that's > lost, except that I now am generating Link: tags in the commit message > itself, like: > Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20190822213659.5501-1-hsiangkao@aol.com > Hm, I guess I do now keep that info, and I can fix my scripts to > properly thread things, let me go work on that later today... What I'm doing for this is that when I apply the patch I save a git note with the message ID and various other things then when I push the patch out and generate the "applied, thanks" e-mail I look for the git note and use that. My script can also fall back to patchwork for the lookup but it's not 100% reliable and greatly increases the network access needs.