On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 09:49:15PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote: > On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 8:51 PM Greg KH wrote: > > But if you didn't like the previous examples (nvme block driver, i2c > > driver, gpio driver), how about looking at the drivers used by your > > current desktop and picking something that you use today that actually > > talks to hardware? > With my GPIO maintainer hat on I'd say a GPIO driver would be quite > interesting to look at. We are two GPIO maintainers and Bartosz is > doing the heavy lifting for the moment so I'm connecting Bartosz to this > discussion. (Now he has to read through the whole backlog, > sorry Bart!) SPI might also be interesting here and I think there's some SPI controllers emulated in qemu, though no idea how well or specific instructions for any boards. There's a bit more concurrency and so on stuff going on in the framework.