kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Harald Braumann <harry@unheit.net>
To: Sheng Yang <yasker@gmail.com>
Cc: kvm@vger.kernel.org, Joerg Rodel <joerg.roedel@amd.com>
Subject: Re: PCI pass-through: guest can't map memory
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:59:15 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:35:12 +0800
Sheng Yang <yasker@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 01:12:42AM +0100, Harald Braumann wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > (please CC me, as I'm not subscribed)
> >
> > I try to give the guest (Windows XP) direct access to one of the
> > graphics adaptors.
> > [...]
>
> Hi Harry
>
> I think we at least have one issue here: currently we can't support
> graphics card assignment... Graphics card is more complex than others
> due to video bios we must support. So it's not mature now (for both
> KVM and Xen). Please wait for our future releases(though I have no
> idea when it would be supported, maybe several monthes or
> longer... :( ).

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I've found this on that matter:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.devel/26785/focus=26971
(device-assignment code doesn't update the cards BAR). Is that the
problem, you're talking about? Or is there something else that's still
missing? So I know what to look for in the changelogs.

Cheers,
harry

PS: I've applied Leendert's patch, but it didn't help