On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 09:13:01PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote: > On 5/20/20 8:43 PM, David Gibson wrote: > > The kvm_memcrypt_enabled() and kvm_memcrypt_encrypt_data() helper functions > > don't conceptually have any connection to KVM (although it's not possible > > in practice to use them without it). > > Yet? > > I would expect TCG implementations of these interfaces eventually, for > simulation of such hardware. Or are we expecting *this* interface to be used > only with kvm/any-other-hw-accel, as the nested guest inside of the outermost > tcg qemu that's simulating hardware that supports... Yes, this. The whole point of this stuff is that the guest is protected *from the hypervisor*, and therefore qemu can't expect to access guest memory. It's hard to imagine any way TCG could deal with that. An implementation for a non-KVM accelerator is entirely plausible, on the other hand. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson