On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 08:23:51PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote: > On Wed, 2021-05-12 at 12:34 +0100, Mel Gorman wrote: > > > Alternatively, I've added Paul Wise to the cc who is the latest > > committer to iotop.  Maybe he knows who could add/commit a check for > > sysctl.sched_delayacct and if it exists then check if it's 1 and display > > an error suggesting corrective action (add delayacct to the kernel command > > line or sysctl sched.sched_delayacct=1). iotop appears to be in maintenance > > mode but gets occasional commits even if it has not had a new version > > since 2013 so maybe it could get a 0.7 tag if such a check was added. > > I am able to commit to the iotop repository but I don't have permission > from the author to make releases nor do I have access to the website. > > I am happy to apply any patches anyone has for iotop and upload the > result to Debian, or I'll be willing to write patches to cope with > changes in Linux behaviour, if given a succinct explanation of what > changes are needed in iotop, once the Linux changes are fully merged. > If you send me the same patch, I can do submit a request to the devel package for openSUSE. I don't have commit access but I would be surprised if the package maintainer didn't accept the request. Obviously, I'll build+boot a kernel that includes the final version of this series in case of any naming changes or other oddities. > As well as the Python iotop implementation, there is one written in C > with more features, so please also file an issue or pull request there. > Please note that I don't have commit access to that repository though. > Good thinking. I'll open a bug on github when I've tested your iotop patch so that the bug report is more coherent. Thanks for the quick response. -- Mel Gorman SUSE Labs