kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* KVM call for agenda for 2023-03-21
@ 2023-03-18 17:59 Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2023-03-18 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel, kvm-devel, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé, Alex Bennée

Hi

NOTE, NOTE, NOTE

Remember that we are back in that crazy part of the year when daylight
saving applies.  Call is done on US timezone.  If you are anything else,
just doublecheck that it is working for you properly.

NOTE, NOTE, NOTE

Topics in the backburner:
- single qemu binary
  Philippe?
- The future of icount.
  Alex?  My understanding is that you are interested in
  qemu 8.1 to open.

Anything else?

Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering.

At the end of Monday I will send an email with the agenda or the
cancellation of the call, so hurry up.

After discussions on the QEMU Summit, we are going to have always open a
KVM call where you can add topics.

 Call details:

By popular demand, a google calendar public entry with it

  https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NWR0NWppODdqNXFyYzAwbzYza3RxN2dob3VfMjAyMjEwMThUMTMwMDAwWiBlZ2VkN2NraTA1bG11MXRuZ3ZrbDN0aGlkc0Bn&tmsrc=eged7cki05lmu1tngvkl3thids%40group.calendar.google.com&scp=ALL

(Let me know if you have any problems with the calendar entry.  I just
gave up about getting right at the same time CEST, CET, EDT and DST).

If you need phone number details,  contact me privately

Thanks, Juan.

* Re: KVM call for agenda for 2023-03-21
@ 2023-03-20 15:47 ` Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé @ 2023-03-20 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quintela, qemu-devel, kvm-devel, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	Alex Bennée
  Cc: Mark Cave-Ayland, Michael S. Tsirkin, Marcel Apfelbaum,
	Bernhard Beschow, Hervé Poussineau, BALATON Zoltan,
	Dr. David Alan Gilbert (git),
	Jiaxun Yang, Edgar E. Iglesias

Hi Juan,

On 18/3/23 18:59, Juan Quintela wrote:

> Hi
>
> NOTE, NOTE, NOTE
>
> Remember that we are back in that crazy part of the year when daylight
> saving applies.  Call is done on US timezone.  If you are anything else,
> just doublecheck that it is working for you properly.
>
> NOTE, NOTE, NOTE
>
> Topics in the backburner:
> - single qemu binary
>    Philippe?

Well we wanted a slot to discuss a bit the design problems we have
around some PCI-to-ISA bridges like the PIIX and VIA south bridges.

One of the main problem is figure how to instantiate circular IRQs
with QOM. Ex:

   devA exposes irqAo output
        wires to irqAi input

   devB exposes irqBo output
        wires to irqBi input

How to wire irqAo -> irqBi *AND* irqBo -> irqAi?

However personally I was busy with debugging issues opened for the
8.0 release, and it is probably very late to schedule with Mark and
Bernhard for tomorrow...

@ 2023-03-20 21:49   ` Mark Cave-Ayland
From: Mark Cave-Ayland @ 2023-03-20 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	quintela, qemu-devel, kvm-devel, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	Alex Bennée
  Cc: Michael S. Tsirkin, Marcel Apfelbaum, Bernhard Beschow,

On 20/03/2023 15:47, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> On 18/3/23 18:59, Juan Quintela wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> NOTE, NOTE, NOTE
>>
>> Remember that we are back in that crazy part of the year when daylight
>> saving applies.  Call is done on US timezone.  If you are anything else,
>> just doublecheck that it is working for you properly.
>>
>> NOTE, NOTE, NOTE
>>
>> Topics in the backburner:
>> - single qemu binary
>>    Philippe?
>
> Well we wanted a slot to discuss a bit the design problems we have
> around some PCI-to-ISA bridges like the PIIX and VIA south bridges.
>
> One of the main problem is figure how to instantiate circular IRQs
> with QOM. Ex:
>
>    devA exposes irqAo output
>         wires to irqAi input
>
>    devB exposes irqBo output
>         wires to irqBi input
>
> How to wire irqAo -> irqBi *AND* irqBo -> irqAi?
>
> However personally I was busy with debugging issues opened for the
> 8.0 release, and it is probably very late to schedule with Mark and
> Bernhard for tomorrow...

Yeah unfortunately it's impossible for me to guarantee I'll be around for the call on
Tuesdays, but then I've also had an idea that models the hardware in a different way
so that circular IRQs aren't needed. I'm a bit backlogged with QEMU bits and pieces
this week, so it will take a little time to come up with a suitable proposal.

ATB,

Mark.

* Re: KVM call for agenda for 2023-03-21
@ 2023-03-20 22:45   ` Bernhard Beschow
From: Bernhard Beschow @ 2023-03-20 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
  Cc: Mark Cave-Ayland, Michael S. Tsirkin, Marcel Apfelbaum,

Am 20. März 2023 15:47:33 UTC schrieb "Philippe Mathieu-Daudé" <philmd@linaro.org>:
>Hi Juan,
>
>On 18/3/23 18:59, Juan Quintela wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> NOTE, NOTE, NOTE
>>
>> Remember that we are back in that crazy part of the year when daylight
>> saving applies.  Call is done on US timezone.  If you are anything else,
>> just doublecheck that it is working for you properly.
>>
>> NOTE, NOTE, NOTE
>>
>> Topics in the backburner:
>> - single qemu binary
>>    Philippe?
>
>Well we wanted a slot to discuss a bit the design problems we have
>around some PCI-to-ISA bridges like the PIIX and VIA south bridges.
>
>One of the main problem is figure how to instantiate circular IRQs
>with QOM. Ex:
>
>  devA exposes irqAo output
>       wires to irqAi input
>
>  devB exposes irqBo output
>       wires to irqBi input
>
>How to wire irqAo -> irqBi *AND* irqBo -> irqAi?
>
>However personally I was busy with debugging issues opened for the
>8.0 release, and it is probably very late to schedule with Mark and
>Bernhard for tomorrow...

Hmm, yeah, a few days notice in advance would help me to allocate the slot for QEMU rather than work... I'm very interested in the topic though.

Best regards,
Bernhard