KVM Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Guest identity in VMCS/VMCB
@ 2020-07-30 21:10 Krish Sadhukhan
From: Krish Sadhukhan @ 2020-07-30 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

When I am debugging and looking at the trace-point output for a guest, there is no way for me to determine whether a given trace-point, say, {vmx|svm}_handle_exit() or {vmx|svm}_vcpu_run(), was executed as part of which L1/L2 guest. As VMs do such operations so many times in a short period of time, trace-point output looks overwhelming and is of no use when  analyzed from this angle.

Does it makes sense to embed some sort of guest identification within the VMCS/VMCB, say, loaded_vmcs or vmcb, so that trace-points can spit out which guest/nested-guest executed the operation ?

-Krish

only message in thread, back to index