KVM Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: John W <jwdevel@gmail.com>
To: kvm@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Where to file this KVM/Qemu bug?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 01:13:24 -0700

I have an issue where I cannot install or run Windows XP using KVM,
but it is fine under plain QEMU (with "-no-kvm").

Details here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57499661/libvirt-how-to-prevent-accel-kvm

I have found some similar-sounding cases, but they are from ~10 years ago.

Assuming this is a valid bug, I am trying to find the right place to file it.
Perhaps this is the right link?  https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Bugs

If so, then the instructions there tell me "Even if you use kvm from a
distribution ... it is important to use the latest sources."

I am indeed using a distribution (Debian 10.0), but I'm not sure what
is meant by "use the latest sources". Does it mean an up-to-date
package for my distribution? Or is it suggesting I compile KVM myself
from source?

Thanks for any advice.
-John