Dear KVM Developers, i have a strange problem with segfaults in a guest system while compiling a linux kernel. The basic setup (details below) is a ryzen cpu on a ab350 mainboard, the host running ubuntu linux and guests running also debian based linux. Now i am compiling a vanilla linux kernel in the guest. This will fail with random segfaults as soon as i enable a WLAN (USB RTL8187L) connection in the host system. Apart from this everything is working fine. As this WLAN is my default internet connection i did try different virtualization setups for almost a week until I could track down the problem. The details: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X same result using a Ryzen 5 1600 Mainboard: GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Bios: i tested with three versions:  F31, F41d, F50a host system: i tested with the following systems as host all x86_64 ubuntu 19.10 kernel 5.3.0-26-generic ubuntu 19.10 kernel 5.3.0-29-generic ubuntu 20(development) kernel 5.4.0-14-generic kvm: 4.0 (ubutu 19.10) and 4.2.0 (ubuntu 19.10 installed from sources) 4.2.0 (ubuntu 20 dev) guest: ubuntu 18.10 kernel 4.18.0-10-generic debian 10 kernel 5.4.0-3-amd64 I use libvirt to launch the guests, so two example XML files are attached, also the hypervisor info. I tried a lot of different settings for cpu type and and cpu pinning without much difference. task: Compile linux kernel on guest using debian linuc sources 5.4.8 or vanilla 5.5.2 This works fine as long as I do not enable my WLAN internet connection on the host (USB stick: NetGear, Inc. WG111v2 54 Mbps Wireless [RealTek RTL8187L]) If I enable the WLAN (in the host) the guest starts producing random compiler errors like these; ./include/linux/mm.h:2041:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault static inline spinlock_t *pud_lockptr(struct mm_struct *mm, pud_t *pud) ^~~~~~ ./include/linux/quota.h:338:1: internal compiler error: in tree_to_uhwi, at tree.h:4278 }; ^ ./arch/x86/include/asm/pgtable.h:163:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault { ^ elf.c:685:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault } ^ As soon as I disable the USB WLAN connection on the host (the USB stick still inserted) I can compile the kernels without any problem. No valuable messages in the log files of the host and the guest system. So I tested removing all Network Interfaces from the guest systems, but this had no effect. Even without any networking a guest fails compiling as soon as I start the WLAN on the host system. I checked for electrical interference by - using a long USB cable to get the WLAN stick away from the PC -> compilation fails - using a laptop operating the USB WLAN stick right beside the PC -> compilation works fine I intensely tested the hosts RAM with memtest86+ stressed the host system with compile jobs, even did memtests on the guests. But everythings seems rock solid. Does anyone have a clue, whats going on here, or how i can debug this situation ? Thanks, Torsten