Hello Günther! On 3/5/23 11:24, Günther Noack wrote: > +landlock mailing list (feeback welcome) > > Hello! > > On Sat, Mar 04, 2023 at 06:16:06PM +0100, Günther Noack wrote: >> * Add LANDLOCK_ACCESS_FS_REFER to the code example. > > To follow up on the discussion on the man page update v1 [1] -- let me > make a constructive proposal for a simpler code example for "best > effort" fallback in the man page. > > I feel that implementing the full generic "best effort" fallback logic > would complicate the example too much: > > (a) examples that try to demonstrate too many things at once > tend to become confusing to the reader > (b) there are readers to whom the full example might not matter: > - readers who know what kernel their software runs on > - readers in the future or on cutting-edge distributions > who can assume that their kernel is likely to be fresh enough I prefer if examples assume latest and greatest kernel. Examples of how to support old kernels would be good in complete tutorials, but over-complicate a short example. Cheers, Alex -- GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5