On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 02:16:43PM +0200, Jerome Brunet wrote: > One last thing I'd like to understand. Is this behavior of throwing an > error going to applied to the non-DPCM case as well ? so at least thing > are consistent between both cases ? > IOW: > * An error is now throw if dpcm_capture is set on the link and the CPU > DAI support playback_only We should definitely complain about that. > * on non-DPCM links, will an error be thrown as well if playback_only > is not set and the CPU on the link happen to not support capture ? I think we should move towards not needing to do that for DPCM.