[Note: dropping vadimp@maellanox.com as SMTP server complained about the DNS server returning NXDOMAIN. Apologies.] On 25/08/17 18:32, Linus Walleij wrote: > Gnah! > Whoever writes a slot-in replacement making the character device > take precendence wins lots of karma. What would such a replacement look like though? Some sort of system whereby you can read/write single-line commands as if talking to a GPIO expander over a UART? Would you access the GPIOs one by one, or would you perhaps map them into a bitmap (maybe arbitrarily, up to 64-bits wide) and perform masked operations on the bitmap? I'm no fan of the sysfs GPIO interface, but it beats poking around at registers behind the kernel's back. -- Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL) I haven't lost my mind... ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.