On 2018-09-29, Christian Brauner wrote: > > Currently I've only enabled these for openat(2) and the stat(2) family. > > I would hope we could enable it for basically every *at(2) syscall -- > > but many of them appear to not have a @flags argument and thus we'll > > need to add several new syscalls to do this. I'm more than happy to send > > those patches, but I'd prefer to know that this preliminary work is > > acceptable before doing a bunch of copy-paste to add new sets of *at(2) > > syscalls. > > We should really make sure that we can't make due with openat() alone > before adding a bunch of new syscalls. So there's no need to rush into > this. :) Yeah, I think that we could (mostly) make do with openat(2). We might need to have renameat(2) and a few others, but if we had more support for AT_EMPTY_PATH you should be able to just O_PATH|O_{BENEATH,XDEV,...} and then operate on the O_PATH fd. -- Aleksa Sarai Senior Software Engineer (Containers) SUSE Linux GmbH