Hi! > General description > > This is the result of development and maintenance of task isolation > functionality that originally started based on task isolation patch > v15 and was later updated to include v16. It provided predictable > environment for userspace tasks running on arm64 processors alongside > with full-featured Linux environment. It is intended to provide > reliable interruption-free environment from the point when a userspace > task enters isolation and until the moment it leaves isolation or > receives a signal intentionally sent to it, and was successfully used > for this purpose. While CPU isolation with nohz provides an > environment that is close to this requirement, the remaining IPIs and > other disturbances keep it from being usable for tasks that require > complete predictability of CPU timing. So... what kind of guarantees does this aim to provide / what tasks it is useful for? For real time response, we have other approaches. If you want to guarantee performnace of the "isolated" task... I don't see how that works. Other tasks on the system still compete for DRAM bandwidth, caches, etc... So... what is the usecase? Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek