Hi, On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 10:03:09AM +0000, Priit Laes wrote: > > > I'm concerned for other users of the PLL-PERIPH clock. AFAIK > > > all of them, except the HRTIMER, expect the clock rate to stay > > > the same and not change underneath them. And SATA expects it to > > > be at 600 MHz, as the datasheet says. And while it may not directly > > > apply to the LIME2, eMMC on newer SoCs / boards run at the slightly > > > reduced rate of 50 MHz just fine. > > > > > > In the commit in question, clocks without CLK_SET_RATE_PARENT > > > should be using the old code (now in the if conditional block), > > > i.e. the behavior should not have changed. > > > > > > I don't think this actually "fixes" whatever bug was introduced, > > > but only papers over the issue, and possible introduces further > > > issues for other users. > > > > You're right, I've overlooked that it was pll-periph being > > affected. I've dropped it for now. > > Any ideas what could be done. I currently have no time to debug it, > but it affects existing systems. I can't find what would change with that commit either if the flag isn't set, so looking at the register state before and after that commit would help I guess? Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com