On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 03:33:38PM +0100, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > Hi, > > On Mon, 2019-02-11 at 15:41 +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > The DRQ calculation code in the Allwinner BSP uses the vertical front > > porch value as the condition, but we're using the video back porch. > > > > Since I always confuse the two, and I'm the original author of that code, I > > guess I deserved a brown paper bag. > > > > Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard > > Assuming that the BSP's hbp is referring to the back porch only, then > calculating ht - x - hbp does give us the front porch + hsync length. > > Well, let's guess that this about the front porch only until we know > better. It's certainly better than using the back porch anyway :) After discussing it with Paul, we decided to drop that patch since it would make the backporch definition inconsistent in the driver. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com