On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 04:45:14PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:41:41AM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 05:02:34PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > > > OK, in that case I'd recommend providing them to userspace as a single > > > four channel stream - keeping everything bundled together as long as > > > possible to make it easier to keep the processing synced up. > > > Ok, that's what I had in mind as well :) > > > However, it looks like we can only capture as many channels as the max > > being exposed by the codec on the link? > > > Any attempt at capturing something with 4 channels here using arecord > > was either reduced to two channels (the amount of channels provided by > > the adau7002 driver), or just refused by the ALSA core. > > > Is there anything that we need to configure / work on to enable this? > > I'd expect there's some issue in the capability/constraint matching code > that needs fixing - that should work but I can totally see it not > working unless someone goes in and does something to fix it. Ok, I'll have a look, thanks! Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com