On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 03:03:49PM +0000, Suzuki K Poulose wrote: > On 07/11/2019 14:37, Mark Brown wrote: > > > Given that this gets run on all individual CPUs, via unmap_kernel_at_el0() > > > and the decision of choosing KPTI is affected by the lack of the E0PD feature > > > when it is helpful, having CPU local check is fine. Also this gives us the > > > advantage of choosing an nG mapping when the boot CPU indicates the need. > > Well, it's mainly the fact that this runs really early on in boot before > > the cpufeature code has fully initialized so as with the existing code > > immediately below for identifying TX1 we can't rely on the cpufeature > > code being done. > Yes, I acknowledge that. I was writing it down to clear why this was > fine and why it has its own advantage. This may not be obvious for > someone who reads it later. So having this in a comment helps to > avoid staring at it. Yes... my point was more about idiom and urgency, especially given that this code is moved later in the patch series.