On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 06:20:40PM +0100, Will Deacon wrote: > On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 06:16:45PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 05:09:29PM +0100, Will Deacon wrote: > > > Are you deliberately omitting XPACLRI? If so, maybe add a comment to say > > > why, since it looks a bit weird without it. > > Not deliberately, no - I'm not sure I'd heard of it before and it's one > > of those cases where the spec doesn't call out the instruction as being > > in the hint space. > Hmm, so I only spotted it because of "Decode" pseudocode for HINT on p.929 > of rev F.a of the Arm ARM (the one with the AUTHASP typo). Ah, I see - that's indeed a useful enumeration of the currently defined HINTs. IIRC I wrote this code before I became aware that HINT was defined as an instruction rather than just being an encoding space! Thanks for the pointer.