On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 04:10:51PM -0600, Madhavan T. Venkataraman wrote: > I sent this suggestion to linux-arm-kernel in response to the Reliable Stacktrace RFC from Mark Brown > and Mark Rutland. I am repeating it here for two reasons: > - It involves objtool. > - There are many more recipients in this thread that may be interested in this topic. > Please let me know if this suggestion is acceptable. If it is not, please let me know why. > Thanks. There was some feedback on the other thread raising concerns, including questions about the benefits of trusting the compiler to flag non-standard code without expectation mismatches and the utility of allowing the compiler to do so in the first place.