Hi Florian, On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 12:07:22PM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote: > On 10/10/22 04:44, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > Hi Florian, > > > > On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 02:50:19PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > > Those patches used to be part of a larger clock fixes series: > > > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-clk/20220715160014.2623107-1-maxime@cerno.tech/ > > > > > > However, that series doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, so I've split out > > > these patches that fix a regression that has been there since 5.18 and that > > > prevents the 4k output from working on the RaspberryPi4. > > > > > > Hopefully, we will be able to merge those patches through the DRM tree to avoid > > > any further disruption. > > > > Could you review this? Ideally this would be merged through drm-misc due > > to the dependencies between the new firmware functions and the DRM > > patches. > > I suppose I can review the firmware parts if you would like me to I was of course asking for the firmware parts :) > for vc4 I am pretty much clueless, and despite efforts from Emma to > get the vc4 driver to be usable on platforms other than Pi, that never > happened unfortunately. Stefan had the same concerns, but I don't think that's a big one. If needs be, we can move the call to the firware into an if statement or whatever and support a firmware-less device. > It would be better to keep the firmware and vc4 drivers decoupled, > just so "wrong" assumptions are not made, but for all practical > purposes this is the only combination that exists. I know, and my initial proposal was relying on a generic CCF function to implement this. Stephen didn't feel like a single user for it was enough, and there were some technical drawbacks too that might not have made this solution robust enough. Hence the firmware solution. Maxime