Linux-ARM-Kernel Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
To: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Cc: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>,
	Robert Schwebel <r.schwebel@pengutronix.de>,
	Linux ARM <linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org>,
	Pengutronix Kernel Team <kernel@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: Hilscher NetX mach-netx refactorings
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:03:33 +0100

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 9:35 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi Sascha, Robert,
>
> I am looking at refactoring mach-netx to use the new PL11x
> DRM driver for the graphics.
>
> I need to make sure that patches get tested on the hardware
> and just want to ascertain that there is an active maintainer that
> will be able to test patches I make for this and work on getting
> it migrated to DRM before I start spending time on it.
>
> Are you/pengutronix still actively maintaining this machine and
> testing new kernels on netx?
>
> I guess the second question is whether you have plans to migrate
> it to device tree and multiplatform, but I'm mainly thinking about
> my own little patches now.

On a related note, there does appear to be active work on
newer netx machines that were never upstreamed, see
https://github.com/Hilscher/netx4000-linux/commits/v4.9-netx4000-stable

I wonder if anyone has contacts into the company so we can
work together with them to include them into mainline Linux.

       Arnd