[mailing lists removed because this is a potentially large source of exploits] On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 2:26 PM Peter Zijlstra wrote: > > On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 07:10:34PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote: > > > But correct :) > > > I agree, that a function which is doing the actual copy should be callable, > > but random other functions? NO! > > So find the below patch -- which spotted fail in ptrace.c > Um, wait a moment. You didn't find an oddity in ptrace.c. You found a giant freaking error in uaccess.h. Am I missing something? How are there not zillions of instances of this that your patch ought to catch? Or is genregs_get() really the only example?