On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 05:58:25PM +0000, Mark Rutland wrote: > On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 05:08:44PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > Ideally this should be provided along with the generic BIT() macros however > > there are a bunch of existing places with such macros including some that > > actually call their macro BITMASK() so rather than create a dependency on > > a wider cleanup let's define something local for now, this can be improved > > later. This also sidesteps the need to consider types other than u64. > In we have GENMASK() and GENMASK_ULL() for this. Is there > a problem using those? > I think I got confused as to the name in the original version of the > scripting patch, and used BITMASK() by accident rather than by design, > but I could be mistaken. They should do the trick, yes - I was *sure* there was something but couldn't find it when I was searching around since I was looking for some variation on a name with BIT in it and obviously the above doesn't match.