Hi Linus, On 6/30/2020 6:37 AM, Linus Walleij wrote: > This is the v11 version of the KASan patches for ARM. > > The main changes from the v10 version is: > > - LPAE now compiles and works again, at least Versatile Express > Cortex A15 TC1 in QEMU (which is the LPAE system I have > access to). > > - Rewrite some of the page directory initialization after > helpful feedback from Mike Rapoport and Russell King. > > Also minor improvements to commit messages and comments > in the code so it is clear (for most cases I hope) why > some ifdefs etc are there. > > All tested platforms from ARMv4 thru ARMv7 work fine. I > have not been able to re-test with the Qualcomm DragonBoard > APQ8060 yet, but I suspect the problem there is that the > DT parser code reaches out into non-kernel memory and > needs some de-instrumentation, possibly combined with the > memory holding the device tree getting corrupted or reused > before we have a chance to parse it. So one of my systems (BCM7278 chip), we do indeed reach the point where unflatten_dt_nodes crashes the system and I guess this is a "pass" for now. On another system though (BCM7445 chip) with a physical memory map that looks like this: 0x0000_0000 - 0x3fff_ffff (MEMC0) 0x4000_0000 - 0x7fff_ffff (MEMC1) 0x8000_0000 - 0xbfff_ffff (MEMC2) we get the attached boot error. -- Florian