On 10/12/2020 3:03 PM, Dhananjay Phadke wrote: > From: Rayagonda Kokatanur > > On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 23:52:54 +0530, Rayagonda Kokatanur wrote: >> Add code to handle IS_S_RX_FIFO_FULL_SHIFT interrupt to support >> master write request with >= 64 bytes. >> >> Iproc has a slave rx fifo size of 64 bytes. >> Rx fifo full interrupt (IS_S_RX_FIFO_FULL_SHIFT) will be generated >> when RX fifo becomes full. This can happen if master issues write >> request of more than 64 bytes. >> > > ARM cores run much faster than I2C bus, why would rx fifo go full when > rx interrupt is enabled and bytes are read out by bus driver isr? > Isn't fifo read pointer updated on these byte reads? Hi Rayagonda, Could you please reply on this question? For transactions > 64 bytes, do we batch until RX FIFO is full before we read out the data? Thanks, Ray > Does controller stretch clock when rx fifo is full (e.g. kernel has > crashed, bus driver isn't draining fifo)? >