On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 09:18:14AM +0000, Srinivas Kandagatla wrote: > I did try your suggestion, by which I could remove the regmap from config. > One thing I did not like was eeprom-core getting size/stride info directly > from providers and regmap from regmap apis. I was wondering if we could take > a step further and introduce new regmap helpers like > regmap_get_size(regmap) This is already there. > regmap_get_stride(regmap) > Which would be give eeprom-core the size and stride info, doing this way > would cut down regmap related things from eeprom_config structure to minimal > and also the source of information would come from just regmap apis. Documentation/SubmittingPatches...