On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 11:23:36AM -0500, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote: > > On this platform there is no TDM support, so there were two I2S data lines. > Interesting, I haven't seen such 'multi-lane' solutions so far for I2S. They're moderately common for high end systems (eg, you'll see surround sound systems do this) - it makes it easier to find higher performance DACs if you can use regular stereo DACs and it helps a bit with layout if you can run slower digital signals. There's controllers upstream that do this without needing to tie together multiple stereo controllers on the SoC side, one of the variants of the Samsung I2S controllers does it for example.