linux-arm-msm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Vikash Garodia <vgarodia@qti.qualcomm.com>
To: "dmitry.baryshkov@linaro.org" <dmitry.baryshkov@linaro.org>,
	Nathan Hebert <nhebert@chromium.org>
Cc: Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com>,
	"linux-firmware@kernel.org" <linux-firmware@kernel.org>,
	"linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org" <linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org>,
	"Vikash Garodia (QUIC)" <quic_vgarodia@quicinc.com>,
	Fritz Koenig <frkoenig@chromium.org>,
	Bjorn Andersson <andersson@kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [PULL]: qcom: SC7180 and SC7280 venus firmware updates
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 06:20:53 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Dmitry,

sc7180 is using venus-5.4 firmware and currently the name is passed as "qcom/venus-5.4/venus.mdt" while making call to "request_firmware()"
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/media/platform/qcom/venus/core.c#L765
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/media/platform/qcom/venus/firmware.c#L104

IIUC, before we remove the split files (.mdt), we should also make change in driver to update the name from .mdt to .mbn.
Please help to clarify if we can remove the split files with driver still referring to "qcom/venus-5.4/venus.mdt" in call to request_firmware().