On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 06:40:50PM +0530, Roja Rani Yarubandi wrote: > If the hardware is still accessing memory after SMMU translation > is disabled (as part of smmu shutdown callback), then the > IOVAs (I/O virtual address) which it was using will go on the bus > as the physical addresses which will result in unknown crashes > like NoC/interconnect errors. > > So, implement shutdown callback for i2c driver to suspend the bus > during system "reboot" or "shutdown". > > Fixes: 37692de5d523 ("i2c: i2c-qcom-geni: Add bus driver for the Qualcomm GENI I2C controller") > Signed-off-by: Roja Rani Yarubandi Do we need patch 1 after patch 2 was applied? I always thought all devices are suspended before shutdown/reboot? Nice to see that 'mark_adapter_suspended' becomes useful again!