Hi, On Thu, Oct 07, 2021 at 09:15:12AM -0700, Bjorn Andersson wrote: > The one thing that I still don't understand though is, if the typec_mux > is used by the typec controller to inform _the_ mux about the function > to be used, what's up with the complexity in typec_mux_match()? This is > what lead me to believe that typec_mux was enabling/disabling individual > altmodes, rather just flipping the physical switch at the bottom. Ah, typec_mux_match() is a mess. I'm sorry about that. I think most of the code in that function is not used by anybody. If I remember correctly, all that complexity is attempting to solve some hypothetical corner case(s). Probable a case where we have multiple muxes per port to deal with. I think it would probable be best to clean the function to the bare minimum by keeping only the parts that are actually used today (attached). thanks, -- heikki