On 29/06/2021 22:57, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote: > On 29/06/2021 21:30, Bjorn Andersson wrote: >> I liked this, and it worked when I tested it, but iirc it suffered from >> the problem that the core's probe may or may not have finished >> successfully at the time that of_platform_populate() returns. >> >> But fixing this problem would save us quite a bit of headache. > > OK. > > I will take a look at resurrecting the old patches either fixing the > probe order - or perhaps using something like Wesley's role-switch to > have dwc3 core optionally trigger dwc3-qcom > > Binding tcpm into &usb_1_dwc3 instead of &usb_1 > > --- > bod So here's a potential way forward. Not technically breaking my "no patches at 3am rule" Basically we can fix the probe order problem if we have dwc3 drd call into dwc3-qcom. In order to make that not be a problem for all non qcom platforms - use a function with weak binding in drd - which a wrapper - in this case the qcom wrapper can over ride.. --- bod