linux-audit.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Steve Grubb <sgrubb@redhat.com>
To: "linux-audit@redhat.com" <linux-audit@redhat.com>,
	Rakesh Kumar <rakesh_kumar2554@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: auditd not logging proper log.
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 09:42:10 -0400	[thread overview]

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 12:47:56 AM EDT Rakesh Kumar wrote:
> 1)I am using this version of auditctl version 2.4.4 . So does this version
> has the user login/logout info to log into audit.log ?

This is not the responsibility of auditd. Auditd provides libaudit.
Applications use that to create log events. It is the reposibility of system
entry point daemons to log the event. User login events have been supported
as long as I can remember.

> 2) If u  to want to see the pam.d/login file configuration to check why its
> not logging the login/logout info then please let me know about this,

It's not configurable by an end user. Its configured at compile time. You would
want to look at the build logs for pam and entrypoint daemons such as sshd,
gdm, kdm, etc.

-Steve