Hi! > >>+What: /sys/class/leds//add_blkdev > >>+Date: September 2021 > >>+Contact: Ian Pilcher > >>+Description: > >>+ Associate a block device with this LED by writing its kernel > >>+ name (as shown in /sys/block) to this attribute. Multiple > >>+ device names may be written at once, separated by whitespace. > > > >This is seriously strange interface. > > It's the netdev-like interface that Marek described in an earlier note > (adapted for the fact that the trigger supports many-to-many > relationships). > > >If you have directory with symlinks, why not use symlink() syscall > >instead of add_blkdev, and unlink() syscall instead of delete_blkdev? > > I'd actually had that thought as well, but I didn't see any obvious way > to do that in sysfs when I looked. If you know how to do it or know of > an example, please let me know. We got Greg in the Cc list, he'd be right person to talk to... > If using symlink()/unlink() isn't an option, do you have a suggestion > for a less seriously strange interface? Let us explore this possibility, first. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek