linux-block.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Adding QCOW2 reading/writing support
@ 2019-04-16 21:30 Manuel Bentele
From: Manuel Bentele @ 2019-04-16 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-block

Hi everyone

I'm going to implement an in-kernel reading of QCOW2 images.
In the project, I only need the reading of QCOW2 images, but it's
essential to make thoughts for the implementation of the writing, too.
One of the difficulties seems to be the support of making an image
sparse (resizing the disk image).

Now, I want to ask you for advice: What is the best approach to achieve
this?

  * Implement the reading/writing in the device mapper?
  * Extend the loop device?
  * Create a new subsystem for the processing of sparse devices or images?

Or do you have any other idea?

Regards,
Manuel Bentele