On Wednesday 11 July 2018 16:45:01 Pali Rohár wrote: > On Wednesday 11 July 2018 16:27:07 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote: > > One way to solve all of these is that we would expose the remote > > endpoints using MediaEndpoint1 > > So client application (like pulseadio) would see list of remote > endpoints (one for each codec) and choose one for connection? > > Looks like this should solve this problem. Are there any progress on such API in bluez? On pulseaudio mailing list other people proposed patches for other A2DP codecs and basically bluez API for choosing A2DP codec is still missing part... > > though only SelectConfiguration would > > be really useful here and that doesn't contain the remote capabilities > > that probably should be made into properties, along with codec type > > and uuid. > > Remote capabilities are needed. And for codec type == vendor it is needed > to know also vendor id and codec id. > > > Besides a good headset would probably > > remember what codec you selected the last time and just connect with > > it, this btw is what I would do when operating as a sink. > > I hope that Linux would support also not-so-good headsets. > > Anyway, dual booting between systems which support different set of > codecs makes those "good headset" with remember support just > "no-so-good" one. > -- Pali Rohár pali.rohar@gmail.com