linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Follow up on hid2hci: Fix udev rules for linux-4.14+
@ 2019-08-28 17:34 Dan Streetman
From: Dan Streetman @ 2019-08-28 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth, ville.syrjala
  Cc: Dmitry Torokhov, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Marcel Holtmann,
	Kay Sievers, systemd-devel, linux-kernel,
	Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek

It looks like this patch got lost at some point:
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/902126/#1138115

but it seems to still be a problem and I'd like to pull it into Ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/1759836

Ville, did you ever follow up with a v2 for that patch and/or do you
know if it will be accepted soon?

* Re: Follow up on hid2hci: Fix udev rules for linux-4.14+
@ 2019-08-28 17:50 ` Ville Syrjälä
From: Ville Syrjälä @ 2019-08-28 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Streetman
  Cc: linux-bluetooth, Dmitry Torokhov, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Marcel Holtmann, Kay Sievers, systemd-devel, linux-kernel,

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 01:34:07PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> It looks like this patch got lost at some point:
> https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/902126/#1138115
>
> but it seems to still be a problem and I'd like to pull it into Ubuntu:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/1759836
>
> Ville, did you ever follow up with a v2 for that patch and/or do you
> know if it will be accepted soon?

There's a more recent version of that somewhere on the mailing list.
The problem is getting someone to actually apply it. Seems much harder
than it should be...

And IIRC I also posted a few other fixes for hid2hci tool which didn't
get any response from the crowd.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel

* Re: Follow up on hid2hci: Fix udev rules for linux-4.14+
@ 2019-08-28 17:59   ` Ville Syrjälä
From: Ville Syrjälä @ 2019-08-28 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Streetman
  Cc: linux-bluetooth, Dmitry Torokhov, Greg Kroah-Hartman,

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1021109/

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bluetooth/msg79803.html

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel

* Re: Follow up on hid2hci: Fix udev rules for linux-4.14+
@ 2019-08-28 18:42     ` Dan Streetman
From: Dan Streetman @ 2019-08-28 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ville Syrjälä, Brian Gix, Bastien Nocera, Steve Brown
  Cc: linux-bluetooth, Dmitry Torokhov, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Marcel Holtmann, Kay Sievers, systemd-devel, linux-kernel,
	Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 1:59 PM Ville Syrjälä
<ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 08:50:51PM +0300, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 01:34:07PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> > > It looks like this patch got lost at some point:
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/902126/#1138115
> > >
> > > but it seems to still be a problem and I'd like to pull it into Ubuntu:
> > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/1759836
> > >
> > > Ville, did you ever follow up with a v2 for that patch and/or do you
> > > know if it will be accepted soon?
> >
> > There's a more recent version of that somewhere on the mailing list.
> > The problem is getting someone to actually apply it. Seems much harder
> > than it should be...
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1021109/

I added to this reply a few of the most recent commit authors to the
bluez tools/ subdir...can any of you review and/or apply Ville's
patch?

Marcel, you appear to have created the hid2hci.rules file back in
2012, can you comment on the patch?